Hi Everyone! Welcome to March and with it comes our new Simple Living Challenge - Make a Meal Plan
There are many reasons why you would want to make a meal plan including -
- Save $$$ on groceries by planning what you will eat in advance
- Less food waste and money down the drain by using up what you have in your fridge and pantry
- Less last minute "oh no!" what are we going to eat moments
- This leads to eating less fast food
- You may even lose some weight due to eating healthier items
- You will have more time to sit down with your family at the table
- You can challenge yourself to try new recipes and new foods
- And best of all, it's free! So why wouldn't you try meal planning?
This month we're challenging ourselves to make a meal plan each week and stick with it.
To get started we need to do one thing - Gather a pad of paper and pen and your favorite recipes. I keep all of mine in a massive binder. With the advent of the internet I love using online resources like allrecipes.com and tastykitchen to come up with new things to cook. I print them out and put them in sheet protectors and add them to the book.
Go through your books and recipes and make a list of your family's favorite things to eat. List each and every thing you can think of. Make sure to ask other members of your household what they love to eat and add it to your list.
On my list so far is -
- Grilled Salmon
- Texas Rice
- Salmon Pasta
- Salad with Feta
- Steak and potatoes
- Tilapia with Cauliflower
- Fish Tacos
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Chicken Divan
- Slow cooker chicken
- Breakfast for dinner
- Perfect Burgers
What's on your list too?
Make the list and this weekend we'll meet back here to plan our meals.